PEDER CHISTOPHERSEN ØVRUM
Utreist med/ Emigrated on: Salvator
Utreist til/ Emigrated to: Ashippun township, Dodge Co., Wisconsin - 1844.
Peder Christophersen Øvrum: Peder was born January 29, 1819 under the farm Øvrum in south-eastern Gjerpen. His parents wereChristopher Olsen Øvrum and Kirsten Jensdatter Lia. Peder married April 9, 1844 Maren Margrethe Gundersdatter, who was born onDecember 15, 1820 at the farm Baaserød in Gjerpen. Her parents were Gunder Pedersen Baaserød and Berthe Isaksdatter.They had the following children: Gunhild Kirstine b. April 4, 1845 married 1883 to Halvor Solvesen Rosvald. She died June 1, 1891. Christian b. March 8, 1847 Gunder b. Aug 12, 1849 Anne Bertine b. March 5, 1852Peder died March 13, 1879 and Maren Margrethe on Dec 9, 1878.
Roger Johnson and Clayton Swanton of Ashippun, Wisconsin have submitted the following information, for which I am very thankful.
Christopher Olsen Ovrum & Kristen Jensdatter Lia.
1. Peter Christopherson Ovrum (1-29-1819 to 3-13-1879) m. Maren Margrethe (Margret) Gundersdatter Baaserod (12-15-1820 to 12-9-1878) on the farm
Baaserod in Gjerpen on 4-9-1844. (See Peter Gunderson Baaserod file and P.&H. Danielson Baaserod file.) Maren was the daughter of Gunder Peterson
Baaserod and Berthe Isaksdatter Baaserod b. 1792. Berthe immigrated with Peter and Maren. Berthe also had a son, Peter Gunderson Baaserod, Maren's
brother), who also immigrated with them. (See Peter Gunderson Baaserod file.) Peter was born on the farm Ovrum in Gjerpen. Peder Christophersen Ovrum, age 25, and Maren Margrethe Gundersdatter, age 24, obtained passport on April 25, 1844 to leave Gjerpen. Also obtaining a passport this day was his wife's brother, Peder Gundersen Baaserod who was 13 1/2 yrs. old. Peter Christopherson, his wife, Maren, and her mother and brother immigrated on the ship called the Salvator in 1844 to Ashippun. Peter Christopherson declared his intent to become a citizen in Milw. on 8-3-1844. #1376. He made his mark on the signature line. The original document is located at the Milw. Cty. Historical Society at 3rd and State St., Milw. Peter Christopherson Ovrum was a charter member of St. Olaf's Congretation when it started on 12-8-1844. He settled what is now the Bethel Christopherson farm in the S1/2 NE1/4 Sec. 25, Town of Ashippun, having obtained the land grant for that 80 acres in 1845. In 1848, he obtained the land grant for an additional 80 acres in the N1/2 SE1/4 Sec. 25. For a period of time around 1849 through at least 1856, his brother in law, Peter Gunderson Baaserod owned the 40 acres in the SW1/4 NE1/4 Sec. 25. Peter Christopherson may have sold this 40 acres to Peter Gunderson and bought it back prior to 1878. The 1853 plat map shows Peter Gunderson on this 40
acres. Tax receipts dated 1849 - 1856 show the land belonging to Peter Gunderson. The 1878 plat map shows all the land belonging to Peter Christopherson again. Peter Christopherson was known as Baaserod rather than Ovrum around here even though he came from Ovrum. He may have lived at Baaserod for a short time before he immigrated. Peter Christopherson repaired the St. Olaf's Church roof in 1857. On the 1860 census was listed Peter Christopherson 41, Margret 40 his wife, Cornelia 15, Christian 13,
Gunder 11, and Ann 8. I think Peter Christopherson played a large part in building the second St. Olaf's Church in 1871. He was a church trustee in 1866. Before Erin Road ran straight along the county line, as it does now, it used to circumvent the marshes of Hans Johnson & Peter Ness to the west.
It rejoined the current route until it came to Peter Christopherson's gate. It then ran west on what is now their driveway past the north side of their buildings. To the northwest of their buildings, it turned north and joined what is now Roosevelt Rd. east of St. Olaf's Church. Traces of the old route can still be seen northwest of Christopherson's buildings. Bethel Christopherson advised me that she thinks she was told that they used to call this road Baaserud Road.
2. Gunnild Kirstine (Cornelia) Petersdatter (4-4-1845 at Pine Lake to 6-1-1891). She married Peter Isaacson. They had three children. (See Peter Isaacson file for continuation.) Peter died 11-18-1883. She then married Halvor Solveson Roswald on 1-28-1886. (See Halvor Solveson file). Gunnild & Halvor had no children.
2. Christian P. Christopherson (Peterson) (3-8-1847 at St. Olaf's to 11-20-1932) Married Karen Andrea Christopherson Rod (7-20-1853 to 4-4-1872), dau. of Christen Christopherson Rod, on 10-27-1870. (See Christen Christopherson Rod file.) After Karen's death he married Berenline (Bertina/ Bertine) Christenson (10-15-1854 to 2-11-1943), age 21 on 12-9-1875. She was a sister of Sophie, the wife of Christian Christopherson's brother, Gunder. (See Hans Christenson Fossum file.) Christian & Bertine lived on the farm of his parents in Township of Ashippun until 1895 when they moved to Pierce County. They farmed one year in Sec. 26, Martell Township. Then they bought a farm in Ellsworth Township, the SW1/4 Sec. 1, where they lived until they retired to River Falls where they bought a house until unable to care for themselves. Thereafter they lived with their sons until their deaths.
Christian died at the home of his son, Carl. Bertine died at the home of her son, Otto. Otto preceded her in death. Two of their children lived to adulthood. There are pictures of Christian & Bertine and one of Carl Christopherson & Minnie Solveson in Pierce Cty. Heritage Vol. 8 p. 122.
3. Willy Edwin Christopherson b. 12-22-1890
3. Marie Cathrine Christopherson (2-21-1872 to 4-13-1872)
3. Anna Marie Christopherson b. 8-4-1877
3. Carl Martin Christopherson (2-2-1879 to 9-22-1947) m. Minnie Karetta Solveson on 12-30-1909 at the Solveson farm at Ellsworth. (See Gunder Solveson file). They bought the Christopherson home farm. Carl was treasurer of Ellsworth Township for a number of years.
4. Marvin C. Christopherson d. 1983 m. Helen P. Larson d. 3-20-1998, daughter of Albin O. Larson & Clara Jensen, on 12-2-1936 at South Rush River Lutheran Church, Pierce Co.
5. Janice Christopherson m. Leonard Machacek
5. Sandra Christopherson m. Peter Ruikka
5. Doug Christopherson m. Wendy ?.
4. Hilmer J. Christopherson d. 1972 m. Ruth O. Hanson d. 8-7-1998, daughter of Otto Hanson & Alma Johanne Anderson on 7-25-1939 at South Rush River Lutheran Church. Buried at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Martell, Pierce Co.
5. Jackie Christopherson m. Roney Johnson
6. Kurt Johnson
6. Sherri Johnson
6. Kevin Johnson
5. Roger Christopherson m. Cindy Johnson & Susan ?.
6. Tonya Christopherson.
6. Darren Christopherson.
5. James Christopherson m. Linda Schmulsig
4. Cora B. Christopherson b. 3-11-1917, d. m. Raymond A. Christianson, a son of Axel Christianson & Alice Larson, on 9-30-1940 at Rush River Church. (See Helgeson file.) Cora was the great aunt of NN Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org) You can reach her by email.
4. Lemone Orin Christopherson m. Marcella Elizabeth Larson, daughter of Albin O. Larson on 9-2-1947 at Rush River Church.
3. Otto Christopherson (6-5-1881 to 5-13-1938) m. Inga Jensen (8-25-1890 to 6-20-1962) on 4-12-1914. Inga taught school before her marriage. They bought a farm in Gilman Township, Sec. 31. They lived there until their deaths. Otto was Assessor in the Town of Gilman.
4. Canton Christopherson m. Mildred Odalen.
4. Allen Christopherson m. Janet Schafer.
4. Vernon Christopherson m. Lois Jackman.
4. Bertha Christopherson Died in infancy.
4. Olga Christopherson m. Kenneth Palmquist.
4. Randolph Christopherson m. Mildred Nelson.
3. Willy Edwin Christopherson b. 12-22-1890
2. Gunner (Gunder) Christopherson (Peterson) b. 8-9 or 12-1849 Born in Wisconsin, m. Hedwig (Sofie) (Sophia) Christenson b. 3-1852 on 3-14-1878. Mrs. Gunder (Hedwig) Christopherson of Toland was born in Norway and was the sister of Bertina, Mrs. Christ Christopherson of Ellsworth and Hans Christenson of Toland and three sisters in Norway including Anna and Carrie. (See Hans Christenson Fossum file.)
3. Louise Christopherson (2-27-1885 to 10-27-1887) Buried at St. Olaf's.
3. Peter Adolph (Adolph) Christopherson (12-15-1880 to 10-12-1965) m. Carrie Peterson daughter of Halver & Louisa Peterson & sister of Laura Schillinger, Henry Peterson, and Harry Peterson. (See Halvor Peterson Armedokka file.)
4. Allen Christopherson m. Bethel Lenz Klomfar.
5. Bethel Klomfar m. Melvin Lucht.
6. Kevin Lucht.
6. Keith Lucht.
6. Becky Lucht.
5. Patricia Klomfar m. Milo Marks.
5. Avis Christopherson.
5. Richard Christopher Christopherson.
4. William Gordon Christopherson (10-25-1914 to 2-5-1999) m. Irene Christenson (12-1-1918 to 6-6-1998, sister of Charles Christenson, on 10-28-1939. (See Hans Christenson Fossum file.)
5. Donald Gordon Christopherson b. 12-12-1939 m. Pauline C. Droese b. 12-31-1940 on 10-31-1959.
6. Timothy Allen Christopherson b. 3-19-1961 m. Debra M. Meier b. 11-19-1963 on 10-20-1984.
7. Amanda Lynn Christopherson b. 11-19-1985.
7. Zachary William Christopherson b. 7-30-1987.
6. Terry Donald Christopherson b. 2-20-1964.
6. Thomas William Christopherson b. 6-26-1965 m. Justine Karpinski b. 11-29-1962 on 9-12-1998.
7. Jared Allen Pieper b. 12-30-1992.
7. Isabella Leona Christopherson b. 12-12-1995.
6. Tina Marie Christopherson b. 9-28-1966 m. William R. Callan b. 10-22-1961 on 9-12-1987.
7. Brady William Callan b. 3-9-1992.
7. Taylor Lee Callan b. 3-5-1994.
6. Ted Arthur Christopherson b. 9-5-1968.
6. Robert Paul Christopherson b. 1-16-1978.
5. Stanley Allen Christopherson b. 5-9-1941 m. Joyce A. Schellin b. 11-24-1942, a daughter of William Schellin, on 10-27-1963. (See Schillein file.)
6. Cheryl Mae Christopherson b. 8-11-1964 m. Gregg Cosmo Chapman b. 9-8-1956 on 8-27-1983. Divorced in 1989. m. Jonathan Radtke b. 1-21-1962 on 6-30-1995.
7. Olivia Mae Radtke b. 8-3-1995.
7. Alexa Leigh Radtke b. 6-15-1997.
6. Todd Jeffery Christopherson b. 11-1-1965 m. Annette Jaeger b. 10-14-1963 on 10-2-1994.
7. Rhea Louise Christopherson b. 5-7-1996.
7. Carly Ann Christopherson b. 3-19-1998.
6. Wendy Ann Christopherson b. 10-12-1966.
5. Larry Lee Christopherson b. 9-13-1946 m. Kathy M. Rettler b. 6-3-1948 on 7-2-1966 (divorced in 1985) & Holly Howland b. 8-4-1945 on 12-12-1986
6. Lee Larry Christopherson b. 6-25-1972.
6. Peter William Christopherson b. 12-17-1974.
6. James Arthur Schmidt b. 3-24-1966 (Holly by previous marriage).
6. Jason Brian Schmidt b. 6-27-1974 (Holly by previous marriage).
3. Matilda (1-1883 per 1900 census to 1933) m. Lewis Peterson, son of Lars Peterson. They had no children. (See Aslak Peterson file.)
2. Anne Bertine Christopherson or Peterson b. 3-5-1852.
2. Isaac Christopherson (1856 to 1856) Buried at St. Olaf's.
© 1997 - Skien Genealogical page - by Jan Christensen.