ASLAK OLSEN MOE
Utreist med/Emigrated on: the bark SALVATOR from Porsgrunn
Utreist til/Emigrated to: Merton township, Waukesha Co., Wisconsin
- Aslak Olsen Moe: Born on Moe in Gjerpen and baptised
Sept 29, 1799. Parents were Ole Aslaksen Moe (d. Sept 21, 1835) and Ingeborg Danielsdatter
(d. Nov 1, 1835).
- He married in 1864 to Maria Olsdatter. She was born 1805 on
Sætret in Luksefjell by parents Ole Christophersen Sætret(b. 1775) and Karen Larsdatter
Nedre Luksfjeld. She died already December 1st, 1843 and Aslak remarried April 19,
1845 to Rønnau Thorsdatter Puttekaasen, who emigrated 1844. She was born
Dec 3, 1817 and died 1899. Her parents were Thor Larsen Puttekås and Maren Margrethe
- Aslak and Rønnau are noth buried at New Hope cemetary.
- Aslak had the following children in his two marriages:
- Ingeborg (b. Febr 8, 1830), Ole (b. Febr 16, 1833), Karen (b. Febr 22,
1836), Maria and Maren (b. Sept 17, 1838), Anne (b. May 25, 1841), Mari (b. 1847),
Margareth (b. 1849), Kirstin (b. Aug 12, 1852), Peter (b. 1855), Anne (b. 1859)
Aslak moved later to New Hope, Portage Co., Wisconsin and was one of the
Aslak's son Ole married Gunhild Usler and moved to Amherst township,
He married in 1864 (This date is incorrect. They were married much earlier.
Date unknown) to Maria Olsdatter. She was born 1805 on
Sætret in Luksefjell by parents Ole Christophersen Sætret b. 1775) and Karen Larsdatter
Nedre Luksfjeld. She died is the first recorded burial in the Pine Lake Burial
Ground now known as Holy Innocents Cemetery. There had been an earlier death. A child died
birth and was buried on the familys property. This was not a Norwegian family.)
Aslak remarried April 19, 1845 (7-19-1845 at the home of Gunder Heischoldt in Pine Lake
Parish per church records) to Rønnau Thorsdatter Puttekaasen .(1)
- (1) Part in Italics submitted by
Roger Johnson of the Ashippun settlement in Dodge County, Wisconsin.
1. Aslak Olsen Moe (1799 to 1864) Born on Moe in Gjerpen. Immigrated on the Salvator in 1843 to Town of Merton. m. Maria Olsdatter Luxefjeld (bap. 12-26-1805 to 12-1-1843) on 9-27-1827. She was born on Sætret in Luksefjell (Lukesfjeld) to parents, Ole Christophersen Sætret (b. 1775) and Karen Larsdatter Nedre Luksfjeld. (See Ole Olson Saetret file.) Maria is the first recorded burial in the Pine Lake Burial Ground now known as Holy Innocents Cemetery. (There had been an earlier death ie. a child died after birth and was buried on the family’s property. This was not a Norwegian family.) Aslak remarried July 19, 1845 to Rønnau (Raano) (Ronnog) Thorsdatter Puttekaasen (Puttekaas) (12-3-1817 to 1899). (See Christ. Erickson Puttekaas file.) She emigrated on the Salvator in 1844. They were married at the home of Gunder Heisholt in Pine Lake Parish per church records. Her parents were Thor Larsen Puttekaas and Maren Margrethe Henningsdatter. (See Christen Eriksen file.) Christen Eriksen Puttekaas was Ronnau’s stepbrother.) Aslak moved to New Hope, Portage Co, Wis. He was a farmer and one of the pioneers there. Aslak and Rønnau are both buried at New Hope cemetery. Aslak had the following children in his two marriages:
(Children with Maria. They immigrated with parents.)
2. Ingeborg Aslaksdatter Moe b. 2-8-1830
2. Ole Aslaksen Moe (Ole Olsen) b. 2-16-1833 Ole married Gunhild Usler and moved to Amherst township, Portage Co. Aslak lived with this son in his last years at Amherst.
3. Clara M. b. abt. 1865
3. Ida J. b. abt. 1869
3. Mary E. b. abt. 1871
3. Martin E. b. abt. 1874
3. Eliza S. b. abt. 1879
2. Karen Aslaksdatter Moe b. 2-22-1836
2. Maria and Maren Aslaksdatter Moe b. 9-17-1838
2. Anne Aslaksdatter Moe b. 5-25-1841
(Children with Ronnau)
2. Mari b. 1847
2. Margareth b. 1849
2. Kirstin b. 8-12-1852
2. Peter b. 1855
2. Anne b. 1859
1997- 2006 - Skien Genealogical page - by Jan Christensen.